We Demand Full Compensation for Serious Dog Bites
You may be entitled to payment for the damages you suffered from a severe dog bite caused by someone else’s animal. We can demand complete compensation for you, as appropriate, for damages including:
- Current and future medical costs, such as treatment by doctors, hospitals, physical therapists, plastic surgeons, mental health services, and others
- Medications, such as prescription and over-the-counter medicines
- Lost income and loss in earning capacity
- Loss of companionship or intimacy between spouses, and partners
- Damage to personal property
- Pain, suffering, and emotional anguish
- Post-traumatic stress
- Scarring and disfigurement
What to Do If a Dog Has Bitten You
If a dog has bitten you, there are several things you should do as soon as possible:
- Immediately stop any bleeding. Clean the wound with soap and water.
- Seek medical attention. Go to your doctor’s office, an urgent care facility, or a hospital emergency room.
- Get the dog owner’s name and contact information (address and phone number).
- Obtain proof of rabies vaccination.
- Notify the police or local animal control officer.
- Contact a dog bite injury lawyer to discuss your rights.
Obtaining rabies information is critical. Rabies is a deadly virus that, if left untreated, is nearly always fatal. Cleaning the dog bite wound thoroughly with soap and generous amounts of water may help to disperse the rabies virus, if present.
Washing the affected area may also help to prevent further infections because, in addition to the rabies virus, dog bite injuries can carry bacteria that can cause several different infections and may require treatment with antibiotics.
How Our Alabama Dog Bite Accident Attorney Can Help
Our dog bite accident attorneys have helped others get compensation and a measure of justice after being bitten by a dog in Montgomery. We are committed to doing the following for you:
- Provide a free, confidential consultation
- Listen to your concerns
- Answer all your questions
- Conduct a thorough investigation
- Aggressively pursue your case
- Keep you continuously informed
- Aggressively seek the justice you deserve
Most importantly, we will demand the maximum compensation possible to help make you whole again after this unexpected and vicious attack.
Understanding Alabama Dog Bite Laws
Alabama’s dog bite laws are relatively strict and depend, in part, on a person’s legal right to be present at a location.
For example, mail carriers and utility repair employees typically have a legal right to be present on property owned or controlled by dog owners.
The general public has a legal right to be present at a public park or on the sidewalk. If a dog bite happens in a public place, the dog was not provoked by the victim, and the dog has a previous history of biting, the victim may have a strong personal injury claim.
If a dog bite victim had a legal right to be present on property owned or controlled by the dog’s owner, and the dog was not provoked by the victim, chances are the victim would have a strong personal injury claim. This latter situation would apply even if the dog bit the victim after being chased off by the dog.
Talk to an Alabama Dog Bite Lawyer Now
Alabama dog bite laws can be complicated. Did the dog bite incident occur in a public place or on the dog owner’s property? Was the dog owner leasing the property where the dog bite occurred? Was the dog provoked in any way? It is critical to consult with a knowledgeable and experienced Alabama dog bite accident attorney or an Alabama dog bite personal injury lawyer.
We only get paid if you win your case. For a no-cost, confidential consultation, call us, chat with us live, or fill out a contact form today.