What to Expect from the Personal Injury Attorneys at Stokes Stemle, LLC
You deserve the best possible representation if you have been injured in an accident. But not all personal injury attorneys in Opelika, AL, are the same. Stokes Stemle, LLC is known as a firm that “truly cares about their clients and will ensure they are taken care of.” Here is what you can expect if you retain our experienced legal team to represent you:
- Personalized service — Every personal injury case is different. We’ll come up with a legal strategy that is specific to your situation. We can also assist you with any immediate needs you may have after an accident, such as finding the right doctors or getting your vehicle repaired.
- 24/7 availability — We make it a point to be available for clients whenever they need us. Anytime you have a question about your case, you can reach us by phone, email, text message, or in person at one of our offices.
- No fees unless you recover compensation — We believe everyone is entitled to high-quality legal representation regardless of their financial resources. That’s why we work on a contingency basis and will not require any attorney fees from you unless you recover compensation for your injuries.
What Is the Average Worth of a Personal Injury Claim in Alabama?
Although you may find personal injury settlement calculators online, there is no formula to determine a claim’s value. If you’ve been hurt in an accident, only time will tell what costs you will incur. The value of an Alabama personal injury claim depends on many factors. However, a skilled personal injury attorney can help you recover compensation for many kinds of losses, including the following:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Damaged personal property
What Does the Personal Injury Claim Process Look Like in Alabama?
Most people don’t know where to begin if they’ve been hurt in an accident and want to file a claim. Though the road ahead looks overwhelming, that’s where we can help. The basics steps in an Alabama personal injury claim are:
- Gathering evidence — After the accident, your attorney will gather your medical records, accident photos, and other evidence to show your injuries and how the other party is liable for them. It is important to note that Alabama is a contributory negligence state. That means you cannot recover compensation if you were in any way liable for the accident, even slightly. For that reason, securing strong evidence proving the other party’s fault is essential.
- Filing a formal complaint — Once your lawyer has finished their research, they will file a complaint against the liable party or their insurance company to seek compensation for your injuries. This must be done before the statute of limitations on personal injury claims expires, typically two years from the date of the accident.
- Settlement negotiations — Most personal injury cases end in an insurance settlement with the liable party. Your attorney can help you seek as much compensation in a settlement as is fair and possible.
- Civil trial — If you do not receive a reasonable settlement offer, the next option is to bring your case to trial in civil court to recover compensation for your injuries. Trials are risky and unpredictable. Retaining an experienced personal injury lawyer gives you the best chance of winning your case.
Talk to an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney in Opelika, Alabama
Our office is conveniently located on Pepperell Parkway near East Alabama Medical Center and just a few minutes from Tiger Town and the Lee County Judicial Complex.
We know you have concerns and questions if you have been injured in an accident through no fault of your own — and all of them are valid. You need as much support as possible during this trying time. That’s where we come in.
The Opelika, AL, personal injury attorneys at Stokes Stemle, LLC are ready to defend your rights and help you pursue fair compensation after an accident. Contact us today for a free case review.