Dothan’s Most Dangerous Intersection
Rise in Accidents at Dothan Intersection
The intersection of Glen Lawrence and Forrester at Highway 84 in Dothan has been in the news recently due to several accidents that have occurred in this intersection. Local motorists and city officials cited concerns about the intersection since the Alabama Department of Transportation removed a stop light at the intersection earlier this year. Since the removal of the traffic light a rash of accidents have been reported at the location. ALDOT statistics show that this specific intersection sees an average of 20,000 motorists a day, with those vehicles traveling at 80 miles per hour. At this time state and local official are unaware of any future plans to re-install a traffic light at this dangerous intersection.
May a City Be Held Liable for Dangerous Intersection
To prove that a city or state is liable for injuries that occurred at a dangerous intersection you must be able to prove that:
- The city either owned or had control of the property where the accident occurred.
- The property had a dangerous condition at the time of the accident.
- The dangerous condition resulted in an accident.
- You suffered injuries as a result of the accident.
- The city either knew or should have reasonably known about the dangerous condition, but did not do anything to fix it.
Have You Been Injured at a Dangerous Intersection
Have you or someone that you care about been injured in a car accident? You may be entitled to compensation in order to cover medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering. Our team of Alabama car accident attorneys are here to answer any questions that you may have about your rights. Whether you need help after an accident or are seeking legal representation we are here for you. You can reach out to us anytime at (334) 316-4123.