How Do Car Accidents Affect Your Life?
Any car accident can significantly affect your health, life, and livelihood — both immediately and in the long run. Contact Stokes Stemle, LLC today to discuss how a car accident can change your life and what you can do to protect your rights if you’ve been injured.
Effects a Car Accident Can Have on Your Life
A car accident could have a wide-ranging impact on your health and finances. Some of the challenges you might face during recovery from a car accident include the following:
- Painful injuries — If you were injured in the crash, you may be suffering from the pain from your condition and medical treatment.
- Lack of transportation — You might have difficulty commuting or running errands while waiting to repair your vehicle.
- Missed time at work — If you are severely injured, you may be too hurt to return to work until you reach a certain point in your recovery.
- Financial difficulties — The more extensive the medical treatment, the more bills you’ll likely face. These expenses add to the loss of income if you cannot work and other costs from the accident.
- Damaged credit — Missing time at work may cause bills to pile up. If they go to collections, it can negatively impact your credit score.
- Trouble living independently — If your injuries are so severe that they prevent you from doing everyday things, you may need help from in-home caregivers.
- Strained relationships — Serious injuries and financial stress after a car accident can strain even the most stable relationships.
- Emotional challenges — In addition to physical injuries, many victims endure emotional difficulties such as anxiety, depression, sleep troubles, and PTSD.
Examples of Life-Changing Accidents
Any of the following types of traffic collisions can result in severe, life-changing effects:
- Head-on accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- T-bone accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Single-vehicle accidents
- Multi-car pile-up accidents
- Large truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
How to Recover from Accident Injuries
If you were injured in a Montgomery car accident, your priority should be your health. You should seek prompt medical care to have your condition diagnosed, treated, and added to your medical records — even if you don’t feel hurt.
After you’re stable, you can take the following steps to protect your rights to financial recovery for your injuries:
- Follow your doctor’s care plan and attend all follow-up appointments.
- Gather evidence from the accident scene, including photos, contact and insurance details from the other driver, and statements from eyewitnesses.
- Keep your medical bills, bank records, pay stubs, repair estimates, and other accident-related documentation as proof of your financial losses.
- Watch what you say to the other driver, the insurance company, and any other third parties after the accident.
- Avoid posting on social media while your claim is pending.
- Contact a knowledgeable car accident attorney as soon as possible.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in Montgomery, AL
Handling a car accident claim while coping with the results of the crash can be particularly stressful. One of the best ways to deal with the aftermath of a Montgomery car accident is to seek help from an experienced injury attorney.
At Stokes Stemle, LLC, our goal is to help you pursue the compensation you need to pay your bills, repair your vehicle, and move on with your life after an accident. Our consultations are free, so call us or contact us online to discuss your situation today with a compassionate car accident attorney.