Average Neck and Spine Injury Settlement
Did you sustain a neck, spine, or back injury in a car accident that was caused by another motorist? Are you wondering, “How much is a neck and back injury settlement on average?” If so, the attorneys at Stokes Stemle, LLC have the knowledge and resources to help you pursue the fair compensation you need to get back on your feet.
Keep reading to learn more about the compensation that may be available to you in an injury claim. Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss the circumstances of your own case in a free, no-risk consultation.
Compensation Available for Neck and Back Injuries After a Car Accident
If you suffered a neck or back injury after a car accident in Alabama, you could be entitled to recover compensation for expenses and other losses related to the accident. Some common types of losses you may be able to recover compensation for include:
- Medical expenses – You could be entitled to compensation for present and future medical costs related to your injury, including hospital bills, physical therapy expenses, surgery costs, prescription drug expenses, hospital stays, and more.
- Lost income – Oftentimes, neck and back injuries can keep accident victims from doing their job until they’re able to recover. If you are unable to work due to your injury, you could seek compensation for lost wages.
- Loss of earning potential – If you’re unable to return to your profession because of a long-term or permanent disability, you could pursue compensation for the loss of your future earning potential.
- Property damage – If another driver hits you, the odds are that your vehicle sustained some level of damage. If so, you could recover compensation for the repair or replacement of your vehicle and other damaged personal property.
- Loss of companionship – Depending on the circumstances of your case, your spouse might be able to recover compensation for the loss of companionship, comfort, assistance, company, or intimate relations.
- Pain and suffering – You can also pursue compensation for non-financial losses, like pain and suffering. Pain and suffering is an umbrella term that includes, among other things, physical pain, emotional distress, mental anguish, post-traumatic stress disorder, loss of enjoyment of life, and other types of suffering caused by the accident.
If you have questions about the types of compensation you might be eligible to recover, contact our attorneys today to discuss the details of your case.
Average Settlement for Car Accident Back and Neck Injuries
Many people wonder How much is a neck and back injury settlement?” Every car accident is unique, so the amount of money victims can recover will depend on the specifics of the accident and the resulting losses. However, in general, the more severe your injuries are, the more compensation you’ll be entitled to claim.
So, how much settlement for a neck injury is reasonable? That depends on the specifics of your case. For example, if you sustained a minor soft tissue neck injury in the accident, your car accident neck injury settlement amount might be around $10,000. However, if the accident caused a severe spine injury or you became paralyzed, $100,000 or more may be more reasonable. The extent of your losses will inform the amount you are entitled to recover.
It’s important to remember that the amount you believe you are owed is probably quite different from the amount the at-fault motorist’s insurance company will offer. The insurance company’s goal is to minimize the amount they must pay you, and they will use various tactics to achieve that objective.
That’s why it’s important to consult an experienced car accident attorney who can negotiate on your behalf and potentially improve your chances of securing the settlement you deserve.
Contact Our Experienced Car Accident Attorneys in Montgomery, AL Today
If you were injured in a car accident caused by another driver, contact the Montgomery car accident attorneys at Stokes Stemle, LLC today for a free case review. We’re here to listen to your story and help you determine the path forward that is best for you.